|Employer||Large Independant Company|
A great opportunity to join a successful and growing family run organisation based near Grantham.
The company is looking for a purchasing assistant to support the finance department with day to day negotiating, orders and office administration. The ideal candidate will come from an administration background looking to further their career in purchasing and procurement.
Main Responsibilities will include:
To research and ascertain the best products and services to meet with business goals and objectives.
Contact suppliers to check price and availability and negotiate as necessary
Maintain Supplier Approval database
Day-to-day ordering and forecasting volumes for dedicated suppliers
Raising purchase orders and managing and maintaining accurate records
Liaise with Suppliers to chase up outstanding orders.
Dealing with problems on delivery such as quality, on time and in full
- Ensuring effective communication between suppliers and departments
Share of Purchasing associated administration tasks (filing / scanning etc)
General office support including Incoming phone call response
Analysis of spending
Producing reports for Directors.
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral; literate and numerate
- Excellent time-keeping skills, flexible with an approachable ‘can-do’ outlook.
- You should be confident working alone and able to work with and support your colleagues
- Good levels of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Ability to work with a range of individuals and organisations.
Good prioritisation skills and work well under pressure
Good levels of accuracy and attention to detail is required
A strong and confident personality
Experience in using word processing; MS Excel spreadsheets; emailing and internet facilities and willingness and aptitude to learn new technology applications.